2015, you've felt like a decade. There have been many changes and challenges, as well as beautiful and happy moments. I feel like I'm ending this year so much happier than I started it. I feel more myself, more calm and at peace with life.
Here's what happened.
Here's what happened.
• 2015 started on a hilltop with some favourite people • felt the need to escape, so I booked a solo holiday • baked some delicious bitesize chocolate & peanut cookies • Doug and I broke up • niece number 2, Pippa, was born! • tried my best to wear more colour •
• this was a bit of a non-month for me, and I struggled a lot with my mental health •
• started looking after myself better, including cooking proper meals again - one of my favourites was this jerk chicken • partnered up with GHD to bring you this vintage curls tutorial • went on my solo holiday to Lanzarote and lay in the sunshine all week • got out of my PJs and wore some nice clothes - I loved this simple black, white and red outfit • watched the partial eclipse up at Ashton Court • saw Ben Howard again • took part in a blogger challenge to style the new season trends, and fell a bit in love with the 70s • went to Bristol Fashion Week and fangirled over Lucy Watson •
• 8 reasons why you should go on holiday by yourself • started getting excited about the upcoming festival season and shared a few of my tips • a new relationship blossomed • saw the Ladyboys of Bangkok with some bloggy friends • had a yummy meal out at one of my favourite local restaurants - Soukitchen • started more cognitive behavioural therapy sessions to help with my anxieties •
• went up to Bath for a fun hen do • casted my vote in the elections • had an amazing foodie day • had a consultation with Destination Skin who helped me on my journey to better skin • went to two amazing gigs - American Football and Sun Kil Moon • turned 27 and wasn't really sure how I felt about it • hit 2million views! • visited beautiful Berlin with some bffs.
• ate a LOT of bbq - including gluten-free pizzas cooked on one! • got discharged from the depression and anxiety service, and wrote about my road to recovery • wore a retro outfit • had a week in Devon meeting Nick's family •
• cooked some crazy-delicious Greek food for a bunch of friends • attended two lovely weddings and drew this moon picture as a gift to one of the couples • went to Grillstock and ate aaaallllll the foods (I wish) • wore a super cute vintage inspired print dress from Zara • treated myself to a new camera - the Olympus PEN • took my Teva sandals & Nick on a trip to the seaside • shared this super simple & healthy salmon recipe •
• The Great British Bake Off started & I baked some treats with Boohoo • dipped my toe back into the world of YouTube • Being Little turned 5 years old & I shared some of my favourite posts - including outfits & recipes • had a lovely day at the beach with my mum & niece • enjoyed the last regatta in my family home •
• discovered that I like coffee and prawns (not together, ew) • cooked the best cheese scones ever, as well as cocoa pesto sausage rolls - so scrummy • went on holiday to sunny Majorca • gave our lounge an autumnal make over • debuted my yellow raincoat • had some devastating & scary news about somebody close to our family •
• despite getting bogged down by some crappy stuff, I was still feeling grateful for what I did have • Kurt Geiger sent me some beeeaaautiful autumnal boots - I wore them with my bug dress and an outfit fit for a wedding • made an indulgent chocolate mousse and paired it with some wine for National Chocolate Week • was included in one of my fav online series • took a trip up to Manchester for the first time and saw my favourite band from my teenage years • got rather poorly so made a healing chicken stew •
• travelled up to London for the first Christmas party of the season, with Boohoo • my dad journeyed up to Bristol to spend a couple of days with me • ate some tasty food at Thali Cafe • went through another break up and talked about self care • got involved in not one, but two secret santa swaps! • treated myself to an iPhone • left my childhood home for the very last time • got my hair chopped and dyed • made some beautiful Christmas cocktails, and won a hamper for them •
• my impeccable style (lol) was recognised in this feature • showed off my new specs • had one of my bffs stay with me for a whole weekend • went to the #BlogClub Christmas party and wore a cute pastel outfit • did lots of Christmassy things and tried to feel festive • wore pyjamas a lot - my favourites being these cosy ones from Fat Face • spent a lovely Christmas Day with my mum, brother, sister-in-law and the kids • came back to Bristol full of excitement and a cold •
Soooooo that's been my year! I'm going to share a few things I'm hoping for in 2016 when it starts tomorrow (whaaaaaaat.) and if you fancy looking back on my other round up posts like this, you can look through 2012, 2013 and 2014 too.
How has your 2015 been? Do you look back on it with fondness, or are you glad that it's over?
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'
HEY! YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE POSTS...