WHEEEEEEE! You guys! I'm sure you're all completely aware, but The Great British Bake Off is back on our telly boxes in a matter of mere hours! You're probably also aware that I don't need much of an excuse to bake, so when I was asked if I wanted to be part of The Great Boohoo Bake Off, my answer was obviously a massive yes!
Read on for some scrummy cupcake recipes and a stupid gif of me nomming down on one of my creations..
The toughest part of this little challenge was deciding what to cook! I wouldn't say I'm a pro at baking (although I have sold a few cakes in my time... so does that technically make me a professional?) but that side of things didn't worry me at all. I actually decided to make three kinds of cupcakes, because I'm that indecisive!
I decided to try two new recipes, and one I've made before. My favourite were the pistachio cupcakes, so I'll share the recipe for them below. You can find the recipe for English rose cupcakes here, and I used this red velvet cake recipe.
• 100g shelled pistachios
• 140g caster sugar
• 140g soft butter
• 2 eggs
• 140g self raising flour
• 5 tbsp milk
• a few drops of green food colouring
• Preheat oven to 160ºC, and line your cupcake tin with cases.
• Blitz 85g of pistachios and half the sugar in a food processor, or if you don't have one - like me! - bash them with a rolling pin.
• Chuck into a mixing bowl with the rest of the sugar & all other ingredients, and mix until smooth.
• Divide between your cases, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
• Ice with cream icing & sprinkle some remaining pistachios.
Based on this recipe.
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the neatest icing writing I've ever done?!
Aaaaaaand now onto the eating...
Thank you to Tala for the baking supplies & Boohoo for my pretty dress!
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'
HEY! YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE POSTS...