Mmmmm... look at them. I could eat them for breakfast.
I've missed a couple of weeks of sharing baking recipes with you - sorry! Life gets hectic sometimes, and last week I was away in Newquay and Dartmouth, which was lovely! I hope this perfect cheese scone recipe makes up for it.
What's extra great about these, is that you can put different herbs & spices and things in the mix, and on top! Who doesn't love a totally customisable foodstuff?
• 560g self raising flour
• 100g butter
• 350ml milk
• 1 tbsp mustard powder
• 1/2 tsp chilli powder or cayenne
• 250g grated mature cheddar + extra for topping
• OR 200g cheddar and 50g parmesan
Extras you could use:
• roasted garlic
• caramelised onion
• different kinds of cheese
• Preheat oven to 180ºC
• Mix together all the dry ingredients
• Rub the butter in until it resembles breadcrumbs, then mix in the cheese
• Pour in the milk, and mix with your hands until it forms a dough
• Roll out to about 2inches thick, and cut out your scones
• Place on a baking tray and add your cheese & other toppings
• Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown
We ate some of ours for lunch with some ham and salad, but I also love them warm with a bit of butter on. They're also a great alternative to dumplings in a stew!
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'
HEY! YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE POSTS...