June was lovely, just lovely. Filled with sweet, summery times.. I think you'll see that there was quite a strong BBQ theme running through this month, amongst the other awesome things!
Make sure you tell me how your June was in the comments!
• There has been quite a lot of BBQing. At least two epic ones. The first of which saw 3 kinds of meat (beef, jerk chicken, and chorizo sausages) and some very good company! The second was an all dayer - a lot of beer and scrabble (I won, obv.) as well as ribs, chicken wings, and beef brisket!
• I read this interesting article - 13 Things To Remember When You Love A Person Who Has Depression.
• After a lovely lunch at Turtle Bay & a couple of drinks and deep talks, Nick and I headed over to The Other Art Fair at the Arnolfini. It was jam-packed with art, some of which didn't tickle me, but some was very VERY inspiring and beautiful.
• I had a bit of fun with clothes, hair, glitter, and faux piercings on a blog post about festival fashion with New Look!
• Nick and I travelled down to his neck o' the woods in Devon so that I could meet more of his friends and family. It was a lovely, nature-filled few days, and everyone was so sweet!
• I wrote a little bit about being recently discharged from the Depression & Anxiety Service, and my long, continuing road to recovery.
• Nick and I went out for lunch/dinner (again) this time to Spitfire, which does delicious BBQ food... I did warn you that June has been pretty focussed on one style of cuisine... after filling our bellies we rushed over to the cinema to watch Jurassic World, which was hilariously great/awful in places. BUT, Chris Pratt. Hubba.
• This documentary about Slowdive writing Souvlaki entertained me during one morning's work.
• I loved this outfit for an overcast day, and it gave me back to school/college vibes!
• You might be fooled into thinking this gluten-free pizza party had nothing to do with BBQs.. but you'd be wrong. We cooked them on a pizza stone on the BBQ! See all of our different toppings here!
• I also fell in love with a piece of technology last month. Yes, it is in fact possible. I can't imagine my life without this portable charger now!
• My week of travelling around the country - I exaggerate, it was actually a trip to Cheltenham and a trip to London - had to be cancelled, along with work and blogging stuff, because I fell really poorly with a kidney infection! It was the worst thing I've had in ages and I felt so unwell. I hauled myself down to Devon though so that my mum and the cats could look after me, which was a very good decision.
• I made two BEAUTIFUL purchases in June. It seems I was very attracted to gorgeous, vintage floral prints. The first is a dress from Zara, and the second I found in my favourite vintage shop in Devon, and will be seeing me through a couple of weddings this summer - and beyond..
• The 29th marked one year since we lost my amazing, beautiful, kind, mermaidy Granny. It seems like so long ago, but at the same time I still can't believe she's not here anymore. We had a family lunch at her house and I got to see my two beautiful nieces, which cheered the event up!
• June was rounded off by the heatwave hitting us. On the last day I just HAD to head over to Emily's house so that I could sit in her colourful garden and enjoy her little pool for a couple of hours, before getting a taxi (using this awesome app called Gett) over to Blog Club! It was such an informative couple of hours, in a lovely air-conditioned room, with beautiful people!
(Photo from the South West Bloggers Network!)
Woah! How was your June? Have any BBQs?!
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'
Hey! You might also like these posts...