I haven't done one of these reflective posts in a while, and a lot has changed since the last emotion-fuelled one back in January. Rainy ol' June is here already after a jam-packed May. Here is a little bit of what I got up to...
• The month started with finally getting around to putting my new black-out blinds up, meaning I'm finally sleeping better! That first weekend I also went on a hen-do with future bride & good friend Sian - lots of cocktails and penis-related fun was had....
• As y'all probably know, we had a vote here in the UK. I was incredibly passionate about it this time around, and the result was pretty upsetting, but hey ho. I'm thinking of going to a few protests to try and make our voice heard.
• May was a month of delicious food. I had the best brunch possibly ever, a fine dining experience in a tipi, and lots of cooking with my boy. It's pretty special having a boyfriend who can really cook - it's nice to be able to take a break and be looked after. On my birthday he made me a picnic of mini food!
• I've been having cognitive behavioural therapy for a good few weeks now, and I'm finally starting to feel so much better. Less anxious, not constantly analysing myself, the continual dialogue in my head is starting to subside... and I feel like life is worth all the time and effort again.
• I partnered up with DestinationSkin for #SkincareAware week, in the hopes that they might be able to make my skin more wonderful and less problematic. So far, so good! I start my microdermabrasion sessions on Tuesday, so keep your eyes peeled for the results!
• I travelled up to London mid-May to have dinner with my buddy James, and then go to a gig with some other cool cats. We saw American Football, and it was pretty emosh. So many teenage feelings in one room.
• Funnily enough, May is my favourite month because it means it's my birthdaaaay! However, this year I felt a bit funny about turning 27. I popped down to Devon for a quiet weekend of best friends, family, food and fun. When I left, my heart felt a bit sad. I miss that place so much, especially when the sun is shining.
• There wasn't much time to stay sad though, because I travelled over to Berlin with one of my best girls to stay with another of our best girls! It was a fun-filled few days and I want to go back and snuggle them already.
• I had been trying to grow my hair/fringe out for a while, but May saw me chop my hair twice - once just to get rid of the dead ends, and again when I decided it was definitely time for my blunt fringe to come back! It feels so right.
• The last day of May involved a proper hang out with my housemates (something I hadn't been able to do for over a month due to being busy/working unsociable hours etc) - we went for a scrummy roast at The Old Bookshop. They do the yummiest roasts around. I met up with a buddy from Exeter and we went to see Sun Kil Moon in the evening - it was heartbreakingly beautiful.
• My last two things of note - this little blog 'ere reached over 2million views, and 5000 followers on bloglovin'! I do love a good milestone!
• Aaaaand I contributed to this blog post about mindfulness for Mental Health Awareness week!
Phew, so that was my May... how was yours?!
PS! You can also follow me on Instagram for regular updates!
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'