At the beginning of the year, I shared my two main goals for the year, and I have shared my mini goals for January, February and March with you. Here's how I did with those, and my goals for April!
• Have a ridiculously awesome pancake day - done and DONE! The easiest goal of the lot!
• Get out more - we had a few nice days this month, which made it much more appealing to go outside, even if it was just to potter around in the garden! I've been sliiiightly more sociable too - adventures in the sun, dinner with a friend, meeting a new member of Doug's family and a couple of gigs. Now I'm in Devon for a week and my diary is bursting with people to see!
• Be more creative - giving myself something to do everyday has really helped - I don't waste time sitting there wondering what to do! To be totally honest, I didn't manage to draw every day, but I caught up with all the #BLCreativePrompts because they were all things I wanted to tackle. I'll be sharing all of my images with you tomorrow, as well as some prompts for April!
• Be more active on the blogging scene - I've not been quite so good with the actual blogging part (I inadvertently took a week off..) but I have been to more blog events! 3 out of 5 isn't too bad, in my opinion. At the beginning of the month I went to the #BrizBlogMeet, then to a Penguin event with Bee, and the #NextNewIn event last Wednesday! I'm looking forward to seeing what next month holds!
• Wardrobe clear out ready for Spring/Summer - I've kiiiind of done this.. but the weather has got rather chilly again, so I'm a bit reluctant to let go of my bobbly jumpers and tatty leggings (I know, I'm so glamorous) to replace them with flimsy summer dresses. I did however sort through my shoe collection and sell 7 pairs, and took a couple to the charity shop. I have a few items of clothing sitting in a big ol' bag waiting for a new home, so look out for those!
~ I felt like I gave myself too much to accomplish in Feb, so I cut down the number of goals for March, which really helped! ~
• See friends more regularly.
It's been lovely getting out more often and seeing a couple of friends here and there, but I feel like I need to come out of my anxiety bubble a bit more and make plans with friends at least a couple of times a week. I've also started catching up with a few friends who I lost touch with a bit, which has been great. Good friends are hard to come by, and I shouldn't let them slip away!
• Be ok with spending time away from Doug.
This month, Doug and I will be spending about 18 days apart due to my current trip to Devon, and him going to London for work! And while we managed 4 months apart last year, it's still a bit scary. The above goal will definitely help me, as well as lots of positive thoughts & skyping..
• Learn to make better decisions.
After Christmas, I started to eat better.. that has slipped out of my grasp a little, and I've become a little unhappy with myself again (damn you, cheese!) I need to make better decisions, like cooking from scratch more, and therefore eating better. Not having that fourth beer. Going out for walks more. I need to relate this to my brain too, both pushing myself and not doing such destructive things.
• Make garden a nice place to be.
We have started to make our garden/yard a bit better, but it needs a few days of intense work to get it ready for summer! We need to get rid of all the rubble, make/buy more seating, and get some pretty flowers.. I just hope my housemates will help out a bit too!
• Actually do everything in my fixing/alterations pile.
I don't know about you guys, but my pile of clothes and things that need fixing or altering seems to be never ending... but that's probably just because I NEVER do any. While Doug is away later in the month, I'll have a bit more room to get things done. And I WILL. I will I will I will.
• Sell sell sell.
As I mentioned up there about the wardrobe clear out - I need to sell on some clothes! I also need to sort out & update my Etsy shop, and just generally focus on the business side of things a bit more!
So those are my goals for what I like to think of as the first month of Spring! I've found having two overall resolutions for the year, and then breaking them down into smaller goals (and adding a few fun ones!) for each month has made everything seem more within my reach!
At the end of April, I'll recap on how I've done with these, and ramble on about things I'd like to achieve in my birthday month - May!
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'