Why not spend your sleepy Sunday making a lovely big pot of yummy food? And what makes it even better, is that this sweet and warm tagine is made with seasonal veg! This makes enough for at least four people... depending on how hungry you all are.
• PUMPKIN, CRANBERRY & RED ONION TAGINE •
(adapted from this bbc good food recipe)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 6cm piece fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- small pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp each of ground cinnamon, coriander & cumin
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 800g chopped tomatoes
- 50-100g dried cranberries
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 200g couscous
- vegetable stock cube
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- Heat oil in a large pan and sweat the onions, with the lid on, until just getting soft.
- Add the ginger, pumpkin and spices, and give it a good stir.
- Pour in the honey, chopped tomatoes and cranberries, and turn the heat up 'til it bubbles.
- Turn it down, put the lid on and simmer for about 30mins (maybe read a book and have a cup of tea while you wait)
- Stir in the chickpeas and cook for a further 5-10mins.
- Make the couscous by pouring 300ml of boling water over the stock cube. Add lemon zest & juice, then pour over couscous. Cover and leave for 5mins.
- EAT IT ALL!
So hearty and delicious. Let me know if you make this!
What's your favourite thing to eat on a cold Sunday evening?
• I DIDN'T USE THE GREEN PEPPER IN THE END, WHICH IS WHY IT ISN'T MENTIONED! •