Soooo it turns out I made a similar kind of thing about a year ago, but these are about a million times better. A couple of people even said they're the best muffins they've ever had...
Read on for the recipe!
• 3 cups plain flour
• 4 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 large eggs
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup light brown soft sugar
• 1 cup milk, at room temperature
• 1/2 cup vegetable/sunflower oil
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
• 1 & 1/4 cups raspberries
• a little demerara sugar
• Preheat oven to 210ºC and line a cupcake/muffin tin with cases
• Sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt, and set aside.
• Whisk together the eggs, granulated & brown sugars until combined.
• Mix in the milk, oil and vanilla.
• Fold in the dry ingredients, but be careful not to over mix!
• Fold the chocolate chips & raspberries very gently in to the lumpy mixture.
• Divide mixture between 12 cupcake/muffin cases and sprinkle with a little demerara.
• Bake for 5 minutes, then turn the oven down to 180ºC and bake for 20-25mins, or until the tops are slightly golden.
Remember, you can buy cup & spoon measures in most supermarkets! Much more reliable than trying to convert into weight..
Let me know if you make these, and if you love them as much as we did!
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'