All years have their ups and downs, but looking back at this year I think it's been mostly been good. It's been full of love, adventures, and self improvement. I've overcome some challenges and really hard times, eaten some amazing food, seen so many new places, made new friends and seen some that I haven't seen in years, laughed so much I've cried, cried so much I couldn't breathe, felt the best and the worst, and truly lived.
Here's what happened.
• saw the new year in quietly with the boy • decided to be more active - starting with swimming • celebrated my brothers 30th birthday with three dinners and a gig • took a little daytrip to Bath & saw an awesome exhibition • bought myself flowers • visited my cousin in Cornwall •
• felt like I spent most of the year poorly • gave running another go • visited multiple new places for food and realised what all the fuss was about - including Harts Bakery, Stock Exchange Bakery, and Mathilda's Chilli Bar • also went to the gorgeous Mockingbird Cafe & blogged my outfit • got a very beautiful surprise bouquet on Valentine's Day • met the other love of my life and broke the internet with Ron •
• Mum & I created a feature for Next for Mother's Day • two of my best buds came to visit for a weekend of fun • another bff and I headed up to beautiful York for the Literature Festival, I created this guide to the city • booked my flights to Canada & New York! • went to a super fun wedding & dressed up real nice • blogged some cocktails for Easter weekend and a monochrome outfit • travelled to London to get a haircut & colour that I won on Instagram • joined the gym! •
• we headed to another place for food that we hadn't been before - this time it was Flow for Sam's birthday • headed off to beautiful Copenhagen with a bunch of friends • blogged a soft pink outfit • learnt to love spin class • adventured to Glastonbury and climbed the Tor • went on the #CliftonPhotoWalk •
• headed to Devon for some beach fun • celebrated my birthday at home & at Nettle and Rye • had one of the loveliest evenings of my life setting up the menus I designed and meeting new people at the Yonder Collective Dinner • made ice cream sandwiches • visited Cardiff to see Sam cycle in the Velothon and feel super proud • took my niece to the theatre for the first time •
• took a roadtrip to Stourhead with one of my bffs • visited Devon at least once and held piglets • got sad about Brexit • joined the girls from Yonder for brunch club • felt a bit low and tired and didn't know why • ate pizza with Lily at Pizzarova •
• went to Grillstock Festival and fell in love with Bristol all over again • got back to the gym after feeling low • headed down to Devon during a heatwave • watched Stranger Things and obviously loved it a LOT • tried a couple of amazing donuts at Pinkmans • blogged this amazing charcuterie board •
• hung out with two of my besties in Exeter • swooned over the balloon fiesta • surprised one of my best friends for her birthday • Bertha's finally opened and it was just as good as we'd hoped • roadtripped to super cute Malmesbury • got one of my biggest blogging commissions ever • blogged some fresh juices and cocktails •
• the biggest thing I did in September (and maybe all year) was go on my lonesome trip across the pond. I was a little anxious before I went, but I had the best time! There are still a couple of blog posts yet to come for the trip, but the first one is here - Ottawa - and you can follow along the rest of the posts from there! •
• celebrated 4 years living in Bristol & one of my best friends moved in • visited a father figure and very clever & poorly man for the very last time • tested out my local's brand new delicious menu • saw the beautiful Daughter live again • stayed overnight in Bath - city guide here! • had my little heart stomped on somewhat, struggled to function for a little while, but everything was put into perspective •
• saw the beautiful Regina Spektor in concert • wrote about the importance of staying positive • wandered around Arnos Vale Cemetery • lost our lovely Geoff to cancer • headed to the middle of nowhere with some other bloggers for a lovely WKND:IN event • had my first festive party - Blog Club Christmas • travelled up north to beautiful Sheffield - city guide here! •
• said our sad goodbyes to Geoff at his funeral • headed to Cardiff for a day • got rewarded for our loyalty to Bertha's with 4 scoops of gelato • the building nextdoor to us started being demolished • visited my beautiful Bee and we saw the Christmas lights • took photos with Lauren and Fritha at The Forge - here's my first blog post of them • had multiple Christmas meals - brunch club, housemates, work mates • travelled back to Devon for Christmas and spent most of my time in bed due to illness! I did manage a little bit of time at the beach though •
I really feel like my life has improved by so much in the last year, and I'm really excited to push myself further in the coming year.
How was your 2016?
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'