I made this for dinner last week as I was craving something healthy after way too much drinking and snacking. It was super simple, and really yummy, so I thought I'd share it with you. If you fancy crisp-edged sweet potato, juicy chicken and lots of fresh greens, you'll like this.
1 sweet potato
2 cloves of garlic
a few sprigs of fresh thyme
1/2 a lemon
a chicken breast
salt & pepper
curly kale/greens of your choice
• cut the sweet potato into 0.5cm slices & finely chop a couple of garlic cloves
• arrange the sweet potato slices in a roasting dish leaving a gap for the chicken, and drizzle a little olive oil
• sprinkle some of the garlic and thyme amongst the potato
• place the chicken breast on top of a couple of slices of lemon in the gap
• make a few cuts into the breast and press garlic and thyme into them
• season with salt and pepper and pop in the oven for 30-40 minutes
• prepare your greens, and serve with a wedge of lemon
If you want the sweet potatoes to be more like crisps, slice them thinner and spread out on a seperate baking tray!
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'