I always find that at Christmas, I end up thinking about the people I've lost. We lost Grandad a few days before Christmas 11 years ago, and earlier this year Granny followed him. It's going to be really strange not having her around on the big day, but I think it's important to try and have a fun time surrounded by all the lovely people we have left.
With that in mind, these are the things I'm looking forward to this year..
• celebrating with friends, old and new.
• making the rest of mum's house look festive (we've already done the tree!)
• having some time off work.
• catching the end of the last Totnes Christmas Market.
• exchanging gifts with Doug.
• baking lots of biscuits and other yummy treats.
• making people feel special.
• seeing my niece and how excited she is on Christmas morning.
• eating all the food.
• thinking about new year's resolutions & hopes for 2015.
What are you looking forward to this Christmas?
If you or someone you know is struggling with loneliness/grief, read this post I wrote last year, and hold hands.
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'