Some people love it, but I'm not into the hustle and bustle of going out on New Year's Eve. In fact, some of the best ones I've had have been when I've stayed in and had very low expectations of the whole thing! This year, I'm heading to one of my best friends' houses for a little party with some lovely people.
Don't fret if you haven't got anything planned, how about one of these simple ideas...
• host an intimate dinner party, with only the most special people & your favourite foods.
• write a letter to yourself, to open next NYE.
• make a flask of something hot, put on lots of layers and find a nice spot to watch all the fireworks that will inevitably be going off at midnight.
• run a hot bath, light some candles, put on your favourite music and soooaaaaak.
• challenge yourself to eat a whole box of those assorted biscuits you always get at Christmas.
• invite your best friends over, and tell them to bring their pjs, a favourite snack & a favourite movie. PYJAMA PARTYYYY!
• got musical friends? Invite them over to play a little gig in your living room. Pay them in hugs.
• get out that dress you've been saving for "best" and dance like crazy.
• ask your friends to bring over 1 spirit, 1 mixer and 1 extra (fruit, syrup etc) and have fun making your own cocktails!
• play board games all night, and then have a midnight feast full of all your favourite childhood treats!
• light a paper lantern, make a wish, and set it free.
The great thing about these ideas is that you can combine a few of them to make it the loveliest New Year's Eve you've ever had!
Have you got any nice suggestions that I haven't thought of?
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'