Gift giving season is lovely, isn't it? But it's not just about wrapping presents to put under the tree for your loved ones - at least not for me, not this year! Here are a few of my favourite alternative ways that you can give gifts.
• John Lewis Give With Love - this year I'm getting involved with this bloggers' Secret Santa! I'm hoping it'll be a sweet way to spread a little joy & hopefully connect with some new (to me) bloggers! Keep your eyes peeled at the beginning of December when we'll all be opening our mystery gifts.
• Secret Santa at work - I love everyone I work with, and we've had some new members joining us over the last few months. I like the challenge of buying something for someone I don't know very well, and hopefully finding something they'll really like!
• Buy & wrap a present for yourself! Technically this is a present for a loved one, and it's a bit silly, but I like it. It's good to treat yourself, and you know you'll definitely get a present you like!
• Autumn Time Surprise Project - this is kind of similar to the Secret Santa format, but a little earlier, as we'll all have our gifts by the 22nd of November. I signed up to this project through lovely local company Card Nest, and I'm really looking forward to giving something lovely to a stranger.
• Cooking for someone - maybe I'm a feeder, but I love cooking for people I love. Something about putting lots of time & effort into food and seeing people enjoy it is so lovely. Last year I cooked a Christmas meal for my housemates - it was hard work but so so worth it! We all split the cost of the meal so it was super cheap, even with dessert!
• Donating to charity - last year I found out about the homeless charity, Crisis. Of course, homeless people need our help all year round, but Christmas is a lovely place to start. You can donate whatever you can afford, but for about £22 one homeless person can have 3 hot meals (including Christmas dinner), showers, a bed, medical help & so much more. Many of them leave feeling more positive about the coming year.
Here's a video of last year!
Will you be giving any unusual Christmas gifts this year?
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'
HEY! YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE POSTS...