It's not really going to come as a surprise that one of my favourite places in Bristol is packed full of delicious food, as well as a few interesting shops to nose about.
Boohoo got in contact with me and asked if I would share a bit about one of my most-loved areas of my city, and of course I accepted, because I love bigging up this wonderful place!
I chose St Nicholas Market, and the surrounding streets.
Why St Nick's?
Not only is it super old (and therefore the architecture is gorgeous) but it is also filled with independent, Bristolian businesses. The part of the market I love is obviously the food alley, and also the bit with all the individual little shops with stone walkways between them all. They're all so cute, and you can find so many brilliant and useful things - a cobbler, a South African shop, a sweet shop, record shops, books, crafty things...
The wonderfulness spills out onto St Nicholas Street, which is a really great place to eat and drink!
• Playground Cafe for great coffee and boardgames, as well as swings to sit on - be careful not to spill your brew..
• Bagel Boy for the best bagels, filled with everything you can think of.
• Stock Exchange Bakery for my favourite lunch in the city centre (their salads are amazing) and mouth watering bakes.
• The Bristol Cheesemonger.. I wonder what they sell?
• Brew Bristol for all your craft beer needs.
• The Mothers Ruin and Mr Wolfs for a right good dance!
• Rag & Bone to nose around some curiosities
• Chomp for burgers - although I haven't tried them myself, I've heard great things!
3 things you see all the time that are unique to your city:
• I have to start with hot air balloons - I am obsessed, and it never gets old being woken up early on a calm summer's morning by them! If it's not windy, and especially if the sun is shining, chances are you will spot a couple of these magical balloons floating through the sky in the morning or evening!
• Bars on boats - ok I know they have these in other places, but it feels like a very Bristolian thing. Especially when you're aboard The Apple!
• Big Jeff - he's a local celebrity. Everybody knows him. If you go to a gig and you see a tall guy at the front bopping his curly ginger hair about, you know that you're at the best gig that's on that evening.
Why do you love living here?
Deciding to live in Bristol has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. You never hear people say they hate living here (unlike some places... *cough* London..). Of course everywhere has problems, but I've always found it to be such a positive, friendly, and accepting place to be.
Although it's a city, it has such a neighbourly, small town feel - especially if you venture to different areas, like Bedminster where I live - without scrimping on having things going on.
We have so many festivals, so much music, art, culture. There are always new restaurants and bars popping up (it can be difficult keeping up with it!) and boy do we love an independent eatery! And we care about the important stuff too - we love being green, and we love a good rally!
And here's what I was wearing..
A nice little late summer outfit. This dress is so thin that it's perfect for these humid days we've been having, and oh my, I am in love with this little backpack! I've been wearing it so much - it's the perfect size for the essentials, and, well, just look at it!
• Boohoo dress
• Boohoo backpack
• Topshop sunglasses
• ASOS choker
• Thanks to Boohoo for the outfit, and Emily for the photos of me! •
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'