Inspired by the 21 things learned in 21 years post on Postcards from Rachel, I thought I'd share 26 things I've learnt over my 26 years, as it's my birthday tomorrow an' all..
01. Tea and sleep make everything feel a bit better.
02. Ask for help when you need it.
03. Be there for friends/family who are in need.
04. Ask your parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles about their youth.
05. Save money wherever you can!
06. Challenge your fears and limitations.
07. No matter how much you prepare for the worst, loss still happens & will be difficult to deal with.
08. It's ok to end friendships that don't work anymore.
09. Success is just an opinion - set your own goals.
10. Meeting new people is awesome.
11. Lying in bed on your own, with your favourite TV show & snacks is also awesome.
12. Learn about tax, bills, how to manage your money, etc. It seems boring, but is totally necessary.
13. Be comfortable with laughing at yourself & life.
14. Sometimes the best things happen at the worst time.
15. Always try new foods, or things you used to dislike.
16. If you're unsure about a purchase, or buying something expensive - sleep on it before you take the plunge.
17. You have to make the fun stuff happen!
18. Loving yourself will make you a happier person - make it a priority.
19. Even if you're totally in love, relationships take work and a lot of compromise.
20. Shop locally - it's usually cheaper, more fresh, and you're supporting local businesses!
21. Try not to dwell on all the things that could happen.
22. Always make time for the things that you enjoy.
23. Make sure your loved ones know that they are loved.
24. Learn from bad experiences, and then let them go.
25. Honesty is always the best policy.
26. And throughout all of this, don't be too hard on yourself.
We're always learning, and I still forget these things from time to time, but they're in there somewhere! I wish I could go back 10 years and tell myself all of these things.
What important lessons have you learnt over the years?
• follow on: twitter • facebook • bloglovin'